Latest News Other Countires World News 

Iran will continue it’s missile program

Iran’s Foreign Ministry issued a statement on Monday, in response to the latest recent move by USA to announce new sanctions to Iran for its ballistic missile program, announcing Tehran will firmly respond to such “propaganda measures.”

“We will reply to such propaganda stunts and disruptive measures by greater robustly pursuing our lawful missile program and promoting our defense abilities and national security,” the statement stated.

The United States Department of the Treasury stated in an announcement on Sunday that it has imposed new sanctions on several individuals and firms over Iran’s ballistic missile program, claiming that the program “poses a significant threat to global and regional security.”

The announcement said 5 Iranian residents and a network of companies based within the China and United Arab Emirates had been added in the US blacklist.

On 11th October, Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) successfully test-fired dubbed Emad, its first guided ballistic missile. Washington slammed the check, claiming the projectile is capable of sporting a nuclear warhead. It vowed to reply with more sanctions.

On 20th July, the UN Security Council adopted resolution 2231, which bars Iran from developing missiles “designed to carry nuclear warheads.”




The assertion by the Iranian Foreign Ministry said Iran’s missiles serve defensive and deterrent purposes and have no longer been designed to carry nuclear warheads.

“The Iranian missile program has not been designed to hold nuclear weapons and is not in contravention of any international principle,” it said.

The statement said the United States has been selling tens of billions of dollars of weapons in the region to countries, adding that the weapons are being used towards the people in Lebanon, Palestine and recently in Yemen.

“The invention of excuses by the USA towards Iran’s defensive and deterrent missile program is bereft of any legal and moral legitimacy,” foreign ministry added.

The Iranian official similarly said in his press conference that telephonic conversation between Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif and US Foreign Secretary John Kerry  was limited to the nuclear agreement between Tehran and the P5+1, dubbed the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).

“The consistent calls among the two nations’ (foreign ministers level) all through the whole process of the JCPOA talks until the place to begin of its implementation have been made to follow up on the details of the agreement,” he stated.




Comments

comments

(Visited 8 times, 1 visits today)

Related posts

Leave a Comment