Recently, IAF Flying Officer named Avani Chaturvedi flew total 10-point guide to the MiG-21 Bison fighter jet. This MiG-21 fighter jet has served the Indian Air Force for many years. Within the next two years, this fighter jet will be completely phased out. So, technically, Avani Chaturvedi is the first Indian Women who have flown a fighter jet successfully. A quick look at the 10-point guide to the MiG-21 fighter jet:
1. In 1950, the Mikoyan-Gurevich or MiG-21 started its journey.
2. It was designed by a Design Bureau of the Soviet Union.
3. Since 1956, it has been one of the most-produced supersonic aircraft
4. It is the most used fighter jet by the Indian Air Force
5. First, it served the Soviet Air Forces and then Russian Air Force
6. Finally, it was dedicated to the Indian Air Force
7. The MiG-21 FL was designed as a variant of the Mig-21 model
8. The common nicknames of MiG-21 are ‘pencil’ and ‘rocket’
9. This fighter jet has served in the IAF combat many times including 1965, 1971 and 1999 wars with Pakistan
10. This jet will retire after next two years.
Officer Avani Chaturvedi has become an idol for many Indians by achieving such a big milestone in the entire Indian history. She flew Mig-21 fighter jet solo on 19 th February 2018 and made her name as the first Indian women pilot who successfully flew the fighter jet. The MiG-21 fighter jet has been serving the Indian Air Force for many years.