the main ingredients for paneer tikka:
250 gms paneer/cottage cheese
1 large green bell pepper/capsicum/shimla mirch
1 medium size onion
1 large red bell pepper
1 large yellow bell pepper
for the marinade:
1 tsp dhania powder/coriander powder
½ tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp dry mango powder/amchur powder
1 tsp chaat masala
½ tsp black pepper powder
200 gms hung curd/yogurt or thick curd/yogurt
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste or crushed ginger garlic
1 tsp ajwain/carom seeds
1 to 2 tsp kashmiri red chili powder
½ tsp turmeric powder/haldi
1 tsp jeera powder/cumin seeds powder
juice of half lemon
1 to 2 tbsp oil or ghee or butter for brushing
rock salt or black salt
1.take 200 grams thick curd/yogurt or hung curd in a dish and smoothen the curd.
2. include 1 tbsp ginger garlic glue or smashed ginger garlic to the curd.
3. include all the dry flavor powders and dark salt to the curd. beneath you see the accompanying indian flavor powders in clock insightful request: 1 to 2 tsp kashmiri red bean stew powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp garam masala powder, ½ tsp turmeric powder and 1 tsp ajwain/carom seeds. in the middle is dark salt.
4. well. i have not utilized any red shading as a part of the formula and i feel that the redness is less in the marinade… thus i included some more kashmiri red bean stew powder to the marinade. kashmiri red bean stew powder gives a decent red shading to the nourishment and its not hot.
5. blend well. can you see some minimal more redness in the marinade?
6. include juice of half lemon, blend and keep the marinade aside.
7. dice the veggies (1 expansive red ringer pepper, 1 vast yellow chime pepper, 1 substantial green chime pepper/capsicum/shimla mirch and 1 medium size onion).
8. slash 250 gms paneer/curds and shape them. best to utilize custom made paneer.
9. add the veggies and paneer to the marinade.
10. furthermore, gradually and delicately blend them with the marinade. i tasted the marinade with my sister and the two of us felt that something is lost in the marinade… it was close however not close… what is it???… . furthermore, lo… i understood that i had neglected to include chaat masala… so clearly the following step is including 1 tsp chaat masala… . no prizes for speculating this stride :- )
11. alright… everything is marinated well. cover and keep the marinated paneer and veggies in the icebox for 2 hours or more.
12. this is what they look like following 2 hours.
13. stick the veggies and paneer in a stick or tooth pick.
14. orchestrate them on a plate or a rack. brush with some oil and keep in the broiler. following 10 minutes expel from the stove, turn the sticks, brush some oil and again keep in the broiler.
15. uproot following 10 or 15 minutes. serve the paneer tikka sprinkled with 1 tsp chaat masala alongside mint chutney, onion cuts