Overview of the role
We are seeking a bright, creative and highly motivated individual, with the desire and drive to work in an engaging and exciting environment. Our meetings and events specialist practice represents a range of world-class venues, international meetings destinations, growing event tech firms, industry associations, catering companies and more. You will work with international clients and have opportunities to travel within the UK and sometimes internationally to support client campaigns. With almost a decade of successful growth behind us and an exciting, growing client base, at Mexia we pride ourselves on delivering quality content through creative, award-winning campaigns that help our clients and our people realise their potential.
You will have a fantastic opportunity to manage client accounts, build strong media relationships, play a role in senior level decision-making and manage junior level team members. You will also provide creative solutions for clients, coming up with innovative ideas across multiple communications channels to ensure excellent coverage and profile opportunities. The ideal candidate will combine traditional media experience with a good understanding of how to maximise digital communications channels, including social media, blogging, newsletters and more.
Mexia is committed to ensuring a consistent quality of service and as such provides numerous opportunities for training and development, including CIPR accredited courses. We offer a hands-on approach to personal development and offer CIPR membership to employees upon completion of the initial probationary period. We also provide free fruit, your birthday off and an annual away day to provide inspiration and enjoy time together as a team.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Signifcant, proven experience at Public Relations (PR) Account Executive or Account Manager level, preferably within B2B PR – events sector experience would be an advantage
- Day to day account management: client liaison, reporting, media liaison, campaign planning and more
- Excellent writing skills and an eye for a good story
- Strong media contacts in meetings and events trade publications would be an advantage
- Experience with supporting and pitching new business
- Experience of managing junior members of a team
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience of using social networks and other digital channels within the communications mix on behalf of clients
- Knowledge of content marketing and experience with marketing automation tools would be an advantage
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage time effectively, working to deadlines with minimal supervision
- Proven client relationship management and relationship building
- Proven track record of achievement on campaigns
- Ability to problem solve and work effectively under pressure
- Creative, astute and with strong initiative
- Smart and analytical with the ability to confidently manage senior clients whilst delivering strategies
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
About Mexia Communications
Mexia Communications is a multi-award-winning PR and content marketing agency with a focus on meetings and events and technology clients. Based in the beautiful Oxfordshire town of Henley-on-Thames, we are a friendly team that thrives on creating unique campaigns for our clients across a mix of traditional and online media. We have developed unique tools to assist clients with developing clear messaging and building a strong news pipeline and are always looking to improve and develop. We work with clients large and small across the meetings and events and technology sectors, including Twickenham Experience, RIBA Venues, Lord’s Cricket Ground, Sadler’s Wells, The Royal College of Physicians, Poken, Guidebook, Slido and more.
How to apply:
Please apply by emailing the contact below with a full CV and covering note explaining why you are the right candidate for the job.