About the Role:
We are looking for a proactive, talented and ambitious Digital Strategist / Planner to help define our clients’ video content strategies as well as providing day-to-day thinking to assist on-going plans, and growing the value of client accounts.
This role is integral to our on-going success with clients, working with both business development and project teams to create and deliver distinctive, impactful and results driven content strategies.
As a key part of Somersault’s strategy team you will help to ensure that whatever the agency creates will drive our clients’ businesses forward in a measurable way – whilst engaging audiences and delivering results and outcomes for clients.
- Work closely with client contacts and the Somersault team to analyse and evaluate briefs, and transform them into tangible projects.
- Analyse, interpret and develop briefs for wider agency teams
- Apply a variety of research, strategy and planning techniques to produce impactful ideas and plans.
- Undertake and oversee research, extracting themes and present in a clear format
- Apply data and research learnings into insights and strategies. Work closely with the strategic and creative team to extract insights that inform our creative and planning process.
- Present research outputs both internally and to clients
- Evaluate and recommend activation platforms and strategies to deliver overall project success
- Review ‘in project’ agency outputs to ensure they are on brief
- Keep internal team and clients up to date on key trends in content marketing
- Contribute thought leadership pieces to aid agency outbound marketing activities
- Develop research and insights pieces to aid agency outbound marketing activities
- Work as part of Somersault internal content marketing and strategy unit to continuously evolve services offering and company thinking.
- With others, build exceptionally strong and mutually beneficial client relationships.
Skills and Expertise:
As an agency we plan, produce and activate industry leading video content across digital touchpoints for a wide range of clients. You will likely be interested in video as a communications medium, and how it sits within multichannel customer journeys and communications strategies.
You’ll show interest and have demonstrated skill at uncovering the business and audience needs that sit behind initial requirements and a knack for verbalising these into compelling stories for both our clients and internal team.
You understand high level marketing and communications concepts but also how they can be delivered with a particular focus on video. You also won’t be afraid to get involved in the detail when needed, in order to back up your arguments and bring them to life.
You’re a clear and confident communicator and a good researcher who instinctively looks at problems from unexpected angles and takes the time to understand what makes audiences tick.
To be confident in the above we would expect you probably have experience in a digital or content marketing strategy, or research, within an agency, ideally involving video, social media and/or digital marketing.
- Knowledgeable about digital strategy and wider marketing disciplines
- Be able to think about how digital touchpoints can work together alongside other channels to deliver business objectives.
- Believable and authoritative, comfortable in client workshops and meetings
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Comfortable with gathering insights from a wide variety of data points
- Collaborative, with an ability to work effectively with clients, designers, account managers and planners
- Good at analysing and assessing digital and video experiences, presenting findings and coming up with strategic recommendations.
- Able to conduct desk-based research and commission qualitative and quantitative research, with an ability to immerse yourself in the world of the customer
- Good people person and team player
- Positive attitude to problem solving, eager to be accountable, always supportive of others.
- Able to work independently and self-manage without the need for detailed supervision
We are a rapidly growing business and there is the opportunity for real career progression, so if you are ambitious and passionate about all things digital and video then we would love to hear from you.
We’re a Company that values continual development and each member of the team has an individual training and development plan which is updated on an on-going basis. You’ll receive support in terms of continual CPD.