Position Title: Business, Product & Projects Manager
Position Type: Permanent
Location: Home-based until establishment of London office
Reporting to: Co-founder CEO
About Employee Republic:
Employee Republic is an early-stage, investor-funded retail & hospitality tech start-up. With your help, our mobile technology will be downloaded by millions of workers operating “on the shop floor” of the UK’s favourite High Street brands. Our mission is to empower people working in roles previously untouched by decent enterprise technology.
Our signature product Yapster (www.yapsterchat.com), which is sold on an enterprise licence basis to employers, allows employees to communicate by mobile messenger, crowd-source ideas by polling, and arrange cover via its shift-swap feature.
Role Purpose/ Summary:
The founders of Employee Republic are looking for an inspired first hire to build their business with. This role will require a willingness and ability to execute on mission-critical aspects of the business. Every day will present new product, project and business management challenges, inevitably requiring extreme learning on the job.
It will be hard, fun and rewarding. Success in this role will open up unrivalled future career opportunities – both entrepreneurial & corporate.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Business Management: Working closely with Co-founder CEO in planning and tracking progress of the Business to ensure an up to date picture is maintained. Ensuring that actions are progressed and highlighting areas where insufficient information is likely to cause a problem.
Product Management: Working with Co-founder CTO to develop optimal solutions. Managing qualitative/quantitative research projects such as proposition development, visual identity and customer experience mapping. To liaise with business managers and users to understand, documentrequirements and define acceptance criteria. Conflict resolution between the business needs and priorities of internal and external stakeholders.
Project Management: Working with all relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure Design; Delivery; Technical Build; testing; MI requirements etc are managed and delivered on time andwithin budget.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of Business Analysis and Project Management
- Use of modelling tools and requirements management software
- Experience of operation with Agile project methodology
- Basic MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Able to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders up to senior management level
- Ability to bridge the gap between the business and technology
- Good written and oral communications skills able to converse with all levels of the organisation
- Able to analyse data to produce actionable change
- Extremely organised
- Able to work with little direct supervision
- Able to work effectively in a team environment where team members may not be co-located
- Self motivated and pro-active
- Good analytical and process improvement / business transformation skills
- Able to identify and manage business risks and issues
- Understands expectations that were set with business and recognises when issues / events may affect delivery
- flexible approach to day to day tasks and cope with a challenging workload
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Likely to have 4+ years experience in a professional service environment
- Experience of supporting organisational-change projects
- Skills in mapping and capturing data entities in support of business operations
- Strong facilitating skills for process review discussions
- Report writing skills, including being able to identify options and make recommendations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proactive and dynamic self-starter
Desirable Education/ Certifications:
- It doesn’t matter where you went to school, but the ability & willingness to keep up intellectually with highly educated and demanding stakeholders is essential to this role
- Qualified and experienced business analyst e.g. BCS Business Analyst Qualification
- Prince 2 project management or similar
Diversity of culture and thought will be critical if we are to deliver on our goals. We aspire to build a world-beating team that properly reflects the society we serve.